What We Do

What is an Aging and Disability Resource Center?

The Texas Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs) are highly visible and trusted places where people of all ages, incomes, and disabilities can go to get information and one-on-one counseling on the full range of long-term services and supports available in Texas. The ADRCs provide:

  • a person-centered, community-based environment that promotes independence and dignity for individuals;
  • easy access to information and one-on-one options counseling to assist consumers in exploring a full range of long-term services and supports to meet their needs and/or situations; and
  • resources and services that support the needs of family caregivers.

It can be confusing to find help for older adults and people with disabilities. Aging and
Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs) are part of the No Wrong Door system, which is
designed to streamline public access to Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS). ADRCs
serve as a key point of access to person centered LTSS specialized information, referral
and assistance, and provide one-stop access to information for people who need help
finding LTSS.

ADRCs help cut through the confusing maze of funding sources, multiple intake systems,
and eligibility processes. The East Texas ADRC provides help to people in 23 counties in the
East and Northeast part of the state.

Information and Referral

The East Texas Aging and Disability Resource Center is your one source for free, trusted, and unbiased information about services and supports for caregivers, people with disabilities, and older adults.

How Can We Help You?

ADRC’s Provide Awareness

  • ADRC Newsletter
  • ADRC Presentations
  • Community Education Flyers

ADRC’s Provide Information and Referral Assistance

  • Eligibility Screening
  • Comprehensive Assessments
  • Programmatic Eligibility Determination
  • Community Based Alternatives
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
  • Medical Equipment and Supplies
  • Medically Dependent Children Program
  • Consumer Directed Services
  • Aging Services
  • Community Services
  • Services for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
  • Transportation Authorities


The ETxADRC also provides information on a broad range of programs and services, helps people understand the various long term care options available to them, helps people apply for programs and benefits, and serves as the access point for publicly funded long term care.

Other Assistance

  • Affordable/accessible housing
  • Medicare counseling
  • Transportation
  • Prescriptions
  • In-home services
  • And more


Do you need assistance signing up for Medicaid, Food Stamps, TANF, or CHIP or renewing for any of these programs?
The East Texas Aging and Disability Resource Center can help! We have Your Texas Benefits kiosk located at the Community Connections Building at 501 Pine Tree Road in Longview. An appointment must be made to be screened for services and assistance by calling 855-937-2372. The following information is required to complete the process:
(Bringing all information does not guarantee eligibility)

1. Identification for yourself, spouse and/or partner, whether married or living together, and all your minor child(ren) must have one of the following items.

  • Valid ID Card
  • Birth Certificate(s)
  • Valid TX Driver’s License / Permanent Resident Card
  • Passport / Voter ID Card

2. Proof of Income Must have all the following items that pertain to you. If spouse and/or partner’s income used, he/she must schedule an appointment to sign paperwork.

  • 4 Consecutive Most Recent Pay Stubs
  • Child Support
  • Social Security (Award Letter)
  • Worker’s Compensation
  • Unemployment
  • TANF Benefits / Other Income

3. Proof of Address Must have one of the following documents and it must be current with physical address.

  • Driver’s License
  • Utility Bill
  • Rent / Lease Agreement
  • Mortgage Statement
  • House Title
  • Property Tax Statement
  • Bank Statement
  • Letter From Homeowner / Tenant Responsible

4. Letter of Support and Identification of Supporter The letter must be written by the person providing room and board and/or assistance to pay for household bills and personal items. The letter must be signed, dated, and include a current phone number where we can contact the supporter.

How To Contact Us

We understand that finding help for older adults and people with disabilities can be overwhelming. That’s why we have Trained Specialists who will guide you to the right service options to help meet your needs. They are available to assist you Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. If you live within the 23 counties we serve, call the number below and follow the instructions.

Dial 1-855-937-2372

  1. then Press 1
  2. Press 1 again
  3. Enter the ZIP Code of the person receiving care or assistance

After following these easy steps, your call will be transferred to our Trained Information and Referral Specialists who are ready to listen to your concerns and provide you with information for a variety of service providers, including publicly funded and private pay services.

Whether you are looking for long-term care services or supports for yourself or someone else, please give the ADRC number a call.


Play Video