History of ETxADRC

Our History

The East Texas Aging & Disability Resource Center (ETxADRC) first began as a grant opportunity through the Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities Services (DADS), in 2008, now Texas Health and Human Services (THHS). Community Healthcore is the fiscal agent with support from:

  • 2-1-1 Texas, East Texas Region
  • Area Agency on Aging of East Texas
  • THHS Community Services for Regions 4 & 5
  • INFOline of Gregg County
  • Workforce Solutions East Texas
  • East Texas Center for Independent Living
  • East Texas Border Health Clinic
  • Early Childhood Intervention


In September 2009, ETxADRC moved to its current home at 501 Pine Tree Road in Longview, Texas in a collaborative of local and regional organizations championed by the Honorable Bill Stoudt, Gregg County Judge.

How we’ve grown

The original designated area was six counties: Gregg, Harrison, Marion, Panola, Rusk, and Upshur. In 2014, ETxADRC was asked to expand to 14 counties and again in 2019 to a total of 23 counties as a part of the eventual statewide ADRC coverage in Texas. Our current service regions are:

Region 5 Counties

Anderson, Camp, Cherokee, Gregg, Harrison, Henderson, Marion, Panola, Rains, Rusk, Smith, Upshur, Van Zandt, and Wood counties.

Region 6 Counties

Bowie, Cass, Delta, Franklin, Hopkins, Lamar, Morris, Red River, and Titus counties.

How To Contact Us

We understand that finding help for older adults and people with disabilities can be overwhelming. That’s why we have Trained Specialists who will guide you to the right service options to help meet your needs. They are available to assist you Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. If you live within the 23 counties we serve, call the number below and follow the instructions.

Dial 1-855-937-2372

  1. then Press 1
  2. Press 1 again
  3. Enter the ZIP Code of the person receiving care or assistance

After following these easy steps, your call will be transferred to our Trained Information and Referral Specialists who are ready to listen to your concerns and provide you with information for a variety of service providers, including publicly funded and private pay services.

Whether you are looking for long-term care services or supports for yourself or someone else, please give the ADRC number a call.


Play Video